Thursday, December 23, 2010

2011

It's always I guess nice looking back at the year. I guess looking back on 2010 a lot of things has happened and a lot that was said and done. For me, it's really easy for me to get caught up in seeing how much I grew in general or what I learned or what I learned about God more in life. I guess it's nice "feeling good" I guess about yourself. But iunno...I think the bottom line is that it doesn't really matter. Like I think we'll all stand before God one day and it won't matter how much we grew or how much we learned or the experiences we had, I think what matters is how God was glorified. Francis Chan kind of talks about God making a movie. We're the extras like the people in the movie who are in the background. He's there in the beginning when nothing was created and He'll be there in the end ending the movie. We're just the extras that get 2/5 of a second in the movie. Kind of realized that we were all made for Jesus' pleasure and glory not for us and it's not really about us. Col. 1:16. Yea, I'm not so sure if it's really about how much we grow or how much we learn but it might be about how much was God glorified in our lives.

But anyways, have a merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

1 comment:

  1. often i feel like true spiritual groth is one of the things you don't realize as your growing and then you look back and see that you've come a long way or not. that's why i feel like application of stuff or seeing growth is over rated and glory to God and being able to tell a story of him working in my life is much more important. :P

    ReplyDelete