Monday, December 6, 2010

Master

I guess I will share about my experiences this weekend. This weekend one thing that was coming up was God being my master or Lord. I feel like whenever the word obedience or doing whatever God tells me to do pops up there are these images in my head of me preaching openly at school. I feel like these images are made by fear and not from God. I feel like these images are like prison or something I find hard doing I guess. I feel like there are two sides in my life right now. On one hand there is obedience to the Bible of God's Word and on the other is just obedience to these images that make me fear I guess. I find peace in obedience to God's Word but uneasiness in obedience to these images. Well, another thing that has been on my mind, if we can't obey the little things in the Bible, how can we obey the bigger things? Like if God tells us to never be anxious and to rejoice but we can't do that how can we do bigger things like fulfilling the Great Commision? Iunno, these are just my thoughts for now.

1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of someone i know who was sharing how she doesn't pray nor does she want to because she's afraid God will actually start messing with her life. It's the irony of knowing the power of God and yet then not being able to deal with that. Obedience is wonderful when it doesn't affect us but when it does that's sometimes a different story. it's like that with the average lot. We see that there is a conflict between what we want and how we feel and how we respond to that is the differentiating thing between those that rely on Christ and the ones that rely on themselves and become anxious.

    thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete