I haven't heard this song before and I think earlier in my life I wouldn't have liked it as much but I guess it's the feelings that I find interesting about our society and why these things matter. One of my friends and I agree that often times there is an emotional high that comes and turns into a shallow faith. There are too many people that think of Jesus as their boyfriend when our relationship is so much more. But that is our society and we feel a lot of stuff and that's a good thing. I think being married has helped me with that. Feeling i mean. WE feel and that's good. It, love and intimacy, is one of the pivotal things that makes Christianity different than the other religions.
So yeah, feel the love and accept it but don't let the feelings overshadow the understanding of his character. Love isn't just a feeling or emotional reaction, it comes from knowing him and that's one of the nice things about good songs.
No comments:
Post a Comment