Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happy Psalm 107 Day, folks!

It's been a while since I posted here, but then again, it's been a while since I've read some psalms. And i just wanted to blog tonight cause it's thanksgiving and where i left off in Psalms happened to be Psalm 107 - a psalm of thanksgiving. And so i hypothetically high fived God when i saw that.

I guess one recurring phrase in the psalm was: "And He delivered them out of their distresses."
What a beautiful line! I just thought that it'd be cool to share this, cause we did just do gospel night and God did deliver us from our sin - bringing us to a new life of rest and freedom. And I guess I'm just thankful for the joy God's given me in Him and rest He lavishes us with!

- Jon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I wrote something on my blog about what we're thankful about in terms of God. His blessings and life in heaven and how even that misses the point of being thankful for God himself. It's something I've been trying to revisit, just being with God.

    ReplyDelete