So I've finally started my 1500 word essay, and I stumbled upon this analogy of humans and their thirst for knowledge.
"There is no way a human can know all there is about life, the universe and everything. Think of ourselves, if you will, as a puppy on the floor of a scientist's lab. The puppy may look up at the equations on the chalk board, be fascinated about the lines and numbers, but there is no way the puppy will ever hope to understand the equation, the mental capacity is just too small to comprehend it.:"
To me this reminded me the fact that there are things that we'll never know why God (the scientists) does things the way he does because we're just puppies that simply do not understand the way that God thinks and that he's way beyond our imaginations.
Brian C
We have the Holy Spirit which knows the heart of the Father and gives us the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:14-16). So we are children and the Children have the likeness of the Father. This doesn't take away our humility but gives is boldness as sons and not just dogs that eat the crumbs from the table.
ReplyDeleteHowever, last night I heard God referred to as, "the hound of heaven" and I guess it's timely for this conversation. He hunts us down and so we can be puppies like our houndlike Father :D
thanks for posting, bree-an :D