Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our parents : p

p.s this is not a rant :P i was just sitting infront of my laptop and noticed things

So while sitting infront of my computer playing games today, i've noticed that my parents are usually the cause for my downfall in my christian walk.  Maybe you guys are different, or maybe we're the same, but my parents never talk about christianity much, even though they have both been baptized.  But their expectations for me always seem to be revolving around violin .. and some school/chores (mostly violin -_ -).  When i don't do well in either of them (mainly violin : o) my mom just tells me to do better or she'll take away my laptop.  I can't recall the last time they asked me about how my relationship with Christ was or anything.  Yeah : p that's what i think about my parents in a point of view, they're pretty nice in many other aspects but this is one aspect that's always on my mind. 

So what do you guys think about your parents?  Do they help you in any way shape or form in your Christian walk?

Brian Ching : p

4 comments:

  1. Hmm...I think it's the same for me. But maybe something to bring up more with our parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mhmm the thing is that when my mom brings up Christianity, it gets akward for me becuase i dont really like to talk about it with my parents. maybe you should try tellling them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I unnno, I told my mom about it, oddly enough, they're pretty chillz about it. Like my mom never talked about until I mentioned that I wanted to be a CGL, and then she was like, I unno, I haven't seen much of your walk. So I think David's right :D Tell them or start a convo :D

    (Haha I finally commented :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you set up that it's not a rant to begin with :P

    Anyway, i find it interesting as well because i feel like it's a pretty common thing not to talk to children about. people don't know how to have those conversations with their kids. it's either a lecture about something or it's advice or something on those terms. it's just chatting parents have a hard time with. Sometimes they just don't know how to do it and you should bring it up with them. sometimes they actually don't realize where their priorities don't line up with what they say is most important.

    ReplyDelete