Monday, January 17, 2011

my first game

so i played my first game of star craft 2 this past weekend. Just one game. It's interesting to me to see all the things i had to deal with. insecurity. confusion. all thing things that i theoretically know and yet find trouble putting into practical action. It's like being a Christian, right?

Anyway, I figured I should share some thoughts so I don't hoard the experience to myself. One thing I realized is that actions per minute were important to me. when I was younger (your age?) I played star craft 1 and i didn't do a lot of stuff. my 30 actions per minute or 2 seconds per action you could say. Now I would imagine my apm to be closer to 100 as there are quiet a few things i am doing. What's the difference between then and now is not that my hands are faster, but the number of necessary actions has increased. It used to be ok to play at a slow rate because there wasn't much i wanted to do. Now I got tons to do and not enough time to do it all. Noob christians are like that, they think there isn't anything to do so they do nothing. The challenge is then showing them the loveliness of being one with the Lord and seeing what the Father does and then we will be compelled to do more and more and more until we reach 300 apm which is already considered the minimum level for pro gamers. :D

a quick vid on apm

1 comment: