Thursday, April 14, 2011

cravings

Sometimes I get a craving for McDonalds or some other really fatty food. For the most part of my life I thought that everyone gets those but more and more I find people telling me they this fastfood or greasy food is disgusting. Why is that? I don't know. Maybe it's me but I think it's delicious. I'd feel bad in my mind by my mouth would be happy and my tummy too. People ask me, "don't you feel gross after eating it?" No, I don't. I am jealous of those people (if it's true and they aren't just saying the culturally acceptable thing, which i do suspect) and I wish I didn't crave such stupid things.

This really is one of those things with me. The "story of my life" so to speak. I crave stupid stuff all the time. That's how sin is, a big craving and I often don't feel bad about it. I know it's bad and I understand how the universe works but feeling, no, i don't feel bad. I understand the transformational life and that's why I wonder how people deal with this. I know that i crave less and less and that's the death to the old self that I see but it's weird to me when I feel like people don't crave sin. I don't have many thoughts beyond that. I'm jealous of those that don't like sin. I'd be nice if I could like it less too.

So feel free to pray that I love God more. That way I'll crave less.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting Enoch! I feel that for me I wrestle and struggle with pride a lot. I feel like sometimes that I miss out on a lot of God and His grace because I'm prideful. For me...I feel like when my pride is surfacing, I just get discouraged and I'm not sure sometimes how to fight this. But I guess I'm just wondering how I can let God change me because I know I can't change myself but at the same time, fight this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny to say something like, "how can i let God change me...?"

    by using the word "let" we know that we can't do anything but using "how" we imply that there is something that needs to be done on our end. There is no "how", I think he just does it in his time. I have not seen otherwise. Since when can we force the hand of God? More now is always better though. Ask and receive as he has already promised.

    ReplyDelete