A comment about the post: Who the hell worships a celebrity? Those are just crazed fanatics, there's a difference. Why is it so hard to pray? Because there are things we don't necessarily need that requires "praying". Why is it so hard to re-post a status about God?... Because not everyone believes in him, not everyone is a Christian or Catholic.
If you can provide SCIENTIFIC proof, not stories that are in the bible, that God is real, then I have no reason to believe in him. I'm atheist. but I'm starting to get tired of people like this targeting atheists for not believing in God like it's a crime. It's our choice not to believe in certain things, not yours.
I never re-post those. I don't like that method personally because I have to develop a relationship to ask those questions.
ReplyDeletethe comment is funny though. Often I laugh at them because the arguments are so loosely constructed while the person asks for "scientific" proof. If science was truly what matters to someone like that then they a) realize that science doesn't prove something like God (as darren mentioned on friday) and b) that if you believe in science and that science shows you what is true vs what is false, it's not, "our choice to believe certain things". That implies that there are things that are not provable by objective/experimentally provable ways. The last sentence shows how the logical flow doesn't make sense and it's feeling the drives these arguments, not logic.
Ahahaha, funny how I thought the same way about the comment. I always encounter people like that at school, especially amongst my friends.
ReplyDeleteIt's just really sad to know that there are so many people in the world that think that Science can prove EVERYTHING, when that's not the case. I really encourage everyone to read Darren's post on the 5-things Science can't prove, though he pretty much said everything on Friday.
I don't know, his comments are pretty funny... What's the difference between a "Crazed fanatic" and a worshipper? I guess this was something that I struggled with.
What are some things that we don't need to pray about? Well clearly, according to this person, we only need to pray when we need something. "Because there are things we don't necessarily need that requires "praying"." And that's the problem about our world, not just non-Christians. We're so self-centered, and I guess after reading this comment, it reminds me of us.
I'm not mad, or anything if I sound like it, hahaha~ It's just that this person's comment reminds me of our sinful self and like... I don't know, it really makes me feel sad for those who don't know God. :(