Thursday, January 27, 2011

East Asia Sharing "Notes"

Ou, exciting stuff.
I'll be honest that I didn't really take notes...
I sort of don't understand my notes as well.... =.=;;

East Asia Sharing

  • Drama - Spiritual Warfare (East Asia drama/The great commission drama)
  • Plot Twist: Like Cliffhangers (Not sure what'll happen the next day)

^ So, basically during the sharing, they were saying that a lot of "Drama" occured and most of them ended as a plot twist. But in the end, things eventually "even out"

For example, one of the stories they said was that one day, the school leader-person changed/added a residency rule for foreign students that they were prohibited from living outside of Campus. Due to that rule change, they couldn't really have a fellowship group/bible study group, so they prayed about it and decided to be-friend the school leader-lady. Eventually, they ended up persuading her to let them live outside of campus and yeeeeeeeuh.

Then later on during the sharing, the guy brought a really interesting point: "Are you trying to be like Christ or training to be like Christ?" Well, he didn't exactly say that, but t'was something like that. So basically, he was saying how, if you're trying to be like Christ, you won't be able to get the result you want; which is to be like Christ. But if you're training to be Christ, then you will. Hahahaha~ Well, to understand it better, the analogy he used was, "If you want to be an athlete, then trying to be an athlete won't get you there, because you're trying to imitate what an athlete does (I guess it's sorta like... you'll only get the surface layer of it?) ; while training to be an athlete is more like, eventually, you'll get the result?"

I don't know how he said it :P Sorrrrrrryyy :(

Sorry for not really taking notes, it was a very... edge-of-the-seat interesting thing to listen to. The sharing was really~ interesting. It's a joy to hear people talk about their experience(s). ^^

Mmm, I guess that'll be it? Hope that I'll be able to blog/update more ^^

2 comments:

  1. Funny how the first person that came to mind for choosing a name like LL was vanna. I guess I was right ~ lol~

    I thought the sharing was interesting as well. God is excite and life with him is full of drama which allows us to see how the writer of the drama is clearly writing in our favour :D

    ReplyDelete