I'm not sure if you're all familiar with Rob Bell and the "Nooma" videos. He's got a new book called "Love Wins" and it explores the idea of God, Heaven and Hell.
Hm, this book seems kinda interesting to me haha, but it's mostly cause i'm kind of curious as to what he'd write in it. I guess it's because the way he phrased the initial question that makes me kinda think about predestination. It kinda picks my inquiry cause it's not what we do but what God did. I think it's good that he's addressing the misconceptions that people have about God. I think it'd be good if we addressed the misconceptions, because they're what people may question us a lot about.
Oooh~ This book does sound interesting! Might go look around for this book...
Jones: (This sounds so weird addressing you with your pen name) I think it's important to know about Heaven or Hell, like what Rob Bell, the guy in video said. When I think of Heaven, it's like our final destination, our reward, right? This sorta reminds me of what Bern said at WC; It is important for us to look back on our journey and persevere, but it's also important to rejoice in knowing that as we draw closer to the end of our journey, our reward is Heaven. I can't really say much about hell, but I don't know... yeaaaaaaaaaaah
Hm, this book seems kinda interesting to me haha, but it's mostly cause i'm kind of curious as to what he'd write in it.
ReplyDeleteI guess it's because the way he phrased the initial question that makes me kinda think about predestination.
It kinda picks my inquiry cause it's not what we do but what God did. I think it's good that he's addressing the misconceptions that people have about God. I think it'd be good if we addressed the misconceptions, because they're what people may question us a lot about.
Hmmm...do you guys think knowing about heaven and hell matters?
ReplyDeleteOooh~ This book does sound interesting! Might go look around for this book...
ReplyDeleteJones: (This sounds so weird addressing you with your pen name) I think it's important to know about Heaven or Hell, like what Rob Bell, the guy in video said. When I think of Heaven, it's like our final destination, our reward, right? This sorta reminds me of what Bern said at WC; It is important for us to look back on our journey and persevere, but it's also important to rejoice in knowing that as we draw closer to the end of our journey, our reward is Heaven. I can't really say much about hell, but I don't know... yeaaaaaaaaaaah