hey guys~
just trying to catch up on the blogs. Nice to see many of us posting. so i hit a biker with my car. i could defend myself as it wasn't completely my fault but i felt there was value in just swallowing that part of it and moving on with life. I realize that regardless of how little of it is my fault, it doesn't change anything other than making me feel better... then i thought about why i would even feel better and i realized that there is still part of me that doesn't like to be wrong. it's funny, i follow some starcraft 2 commentators and they had a video based where viewers had to refrain from doing a certain thing, self imposed restrictions. I bet many people lost because they tried this but ya know what, it's ok to be wrong or fail once in a while. We're human. I was happy to just to get over it and represent God well.
on a side note, i played basketball yesterday. I've been going the last couple weeks and I think i'll be going most thursdays. one thing i do, and i mentioned this in a comment somewhere, is that i try not to dress too much like i'm playing basketball. i was wearing track pants last time instead of shorts and yesterday i wore long sleeve t-shirt. iunno, it's these little things that just remind me that I didn't come to do anything crazy. I think being able to do that reminded me of the easy things i can do to win instead of working hard and forcing too many things to happen. I'd almost forgotten how deadly the mid range jumper is. That was bread and butter yesterday. catch and shoot. one dribble or quick cross and shoot. just enough distance to be safe. not everything has to be a power move. i don't have to drive past or use my athletic ability to beat someone 100% of the time. it's nice to sit back and watch life unfold and not get too caught up on anything, whether it's sports or driving incidents or punching out 9ers (wink david). i think sometimes it's that, either we punch people out or we let it go/walk away.
:P
No comments:
Post a Comment